Bashira CashMarino

From the desk of a knitting bellydancer (or bellydancing knitter)

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Answers to questions that no one asked

OK, so here are a few things you may want to know about me. Or maybe not. If that's the case, why are you here?
1. Bashira is my bellydance name. It means "Brings joy and delight."
2. CashMarino is a play on my last name and the yummy Debbie Bliss yarn "cashmerino."
3. I've been bellydancing on and off for about three years. I absolutely love it, and I'm excited to be doing it again after back problems kept me away for half a year.
4. I've been knitting longer than bellydancing, but I love each craft equally for different reasons.
5. I'd say I'm advanced beginner to intermediate at both hobbies. I like a challenge, but I also know my emotional limits!
6. I have NO idea how to personalize this blog further, so any help would be appreciated. I am trying to put buttons on the side from my fave knitting blogs, pics of my hubby and baby dog, etc. with no luck. I'm not computer-dumb, just a little challenged.
7. I'll post a picture of the wrap I will attempt to complete during the 2006 Knitting Olympics. I am a member of Team Boston. No, I do not live in Boston currently, but I used to for years and I am within an hour's drive so there.
8. My husband and I bond and laugh over cheesy action movies from the 80's to early 90's. I never get as much joy watching them without him.
9. My dog is the second love of my life. We adopted her over a year ago after her owner decided to have her put to sleep. The vet asked to take her instead and rehabilitate her enough to be adopted by another family- us. Her name is Chi, and true to her name she brought balance and joy to our lives.
10. My husband tries to convince me on a weekly basis that Chi would benefit from having a cat around. I am not a cat person, though I am warming up them slowly. Plus, it may sound strange but I would rather pick up dog crap outside than have to clean a litter box inside. Blech!

OK, that's all for now. I'll try to have some of the logistical problems solved for next time so there's more to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home