Bashira CashMarino

From the desk of a knitting bellydancer (or bellydancing knitter)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm a Winner!

So maybe knitting the shawl AND scarf from Alterknits was a bit ambititious for the Olympics, but I have completed a simple hat, my first pair of mittens (on straight needles), a creation which I spent about 4 hours on and then ripped out, and I have a few pattern repeats of the scarf done. Not bad, huh?

Valentine's Day was a nice surprise. We normally don't do anything, but this year our dear friends, Erika and TJ, joined us for a lovely intimate dinner and a super fun activity- building a stuffed animal! I made Maddy, the angel bunny, Sean made Sarah Bear (after me- altogether now- AAAAWWWWWWWWW!), Erika made Terence the Transgender monkey, and TJ made Jeff the Drunk. Yeah, maybe they shouldn't let a bunch of 20+ something's loose in a Build-A-Bear Workshop at 9:30 at night.

I'm doing my first bellydance performance in a restaurant tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes. I feel pretty confident, but I am also terrified. Hope I make some tips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home